Monday 11 April 2016

Product Placement in Music Videos

1. Do you think product placement in music videos is more or less effective? Why or why not?
I think it can be more effective because music videos don't tend to have much of a story line to follow anymore these days. It is very common to see placement in pop music rather than in modern day rock music.

2. Have you ever bought a product because it was in a music video?
No I haven't but when I did see the Dr. Dre Beats Pill in Miley's video when it came out, I was like interested in the product itself. I have not bought it though.

3. Do you think the product placement takes away from the music video?
I think it does take away from the music video because people will look at whatever is being displayed by the product. Since it is a music video, they will sing along to the song and also still be able to see the products in the video.

4. Should it be allowed?
I think it can be allowed, it isn't harming anyone at all. It may ruin the video a bit and make the musician seem like a sellout but I think it's fine.

5. List 5 examples of product placement in music videos
     - Miley Cyrus- We Can't Stop ( Dr. Dre Beats Pill)
     - New Found Glory- Truck Stop Blues ( Rockstar Energy)
     - Avril Lavigne- What the Hell ( Sony Vaio Laptop, Sony flatscreen tv, her own clothing line Abbey Dawn, and a Sony Ericsson phone)
    - A Day To Remember- I'm Made of Wax Larry, What Are You Made Of? ( Rockstar Energy)



No comments:

Post a Comment