Wednesday 27 April 2016

Teens and Media Part 2

The article has research results in it, which can make may people believing it. I don't 100% agree with it. Stereotyping a group for how they dress and appear doesn't define how they act and if they are involved in crimes. I do understand that a majority of the teen boys i see dressed in a certain way act in a way as well. But stereotyping like that can just lead to more assumptions that aren't really true.

1. Do you think teens are portrayed accurately and fairly?
   I don't think teens are portrayed accurately and fairly. I know that there is the groups of teens who do cause trouble and such and will be looked down on and that ends up generalizing all teens.

2. Does the media reinforce stereotypes? Are they realistic or fair?
   The media does reinforce stereotypes and they aren't very fair. Not every teen is how they say. Most teens can be like that but they should stop generalizing all teens as of being one way. It can be realistic because there is results showing that most boys looking a certain way can be more involved in crimes.

3. Are the teens you see on TV like you?
   I don't really know... I don't really pay attention to TV but I know most teens I see on TV are typical teenagers. I am not very typical. I can say I'm more of an outcast and don't care for much things at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment